COVID-19 Case Update 9 March 2022
*Today's numbers may differ from Ministry of Health reporting due to different data reporting cut-off times.
- Getting vaccinated is still extremely important and will help keep you out of hospital if you catch COVID-19.
- Our main vaccination centres are open for walk-ins - location and opening hours can be found on Healthpoint > Vaccination Centres > Nelson Marlborough.
- You can also visit Book My Vaccine to find another location or time that suits you.
Changes to isolation period and household contacts
- From 11.59pm Friday 11 March, the isolation period for anyone that tests positive and their household contacts will reduce from 10 to seven days.
- Household Contacts will need to have a rapid antigen test at day 3 and day 7 of their isolation period. If they become symptomatic they should also get a test, and if the result is positive, they are required to isolate for seven days from that point.
- Recovered cases will no longer need to self-isolate if they become a household contact within 90 days after having the virus. This is an increase from the current 28 days.
Rapid Antigen Tests (RATs)
- Please record your RAT result, even if it's negative, on your My COVID Record or by calling 0800 222 478, option 3.
- If you are a household contact please report your RATs results separately.
- The self-reporting of RATs helps us understand transmission within households and how the outbreak is spreading through communities.