How to give feedback
Tell us what matters to you. It’s good to hear if we get things right – and we also need to know if we can do things better.
Whether it’s a compliment, question, suggestion, complaint or a mixture we appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. It helps us understand what you or your family/whānau have experienced, and it helps us improve the way we work.
Please know that any feedback you give is confidential and will not affect your care and treatment.
Ways you can provide feedback
Talk to us:
- If you have a problem you want sorted straight away, please talk with the staff caring for you or your family/whānau, or ask to speak with a manager in that area.
- Another option is to call our Patient Relations Co-ordinator (03) 539 5345.
Write to us:
- Completing our online feedback form is the easiest way.
- Ask a staff member for a paper feedback form - these can be returned in the post (freepost).
- Another way is to write to our Patient Relations Co-ordinator at Nelson Marlborough Health, Private Bag 18, Nelson.
Once received, we will send you an acknowledgement letter within five working days.
If your feedback is a complaint
We will investigate it within 20 working days from the date we let you know we received your feedback. We will let you know if we need more time, and why.
If you need more support or help with making a complaint, or you feel disappointed with the way we dealt with your complaint you can contact:
- the Health & Disability Advocacy Service for Nelson Marlborough on 0800 555 050, or
- the Health & Disability Commissioner (HDC) on 0800 11 22 33.
Page last updated: 23/07/2021