Alcohol and drug addiction services
Nelson Marlborough Health Addictions Service
The Nelson Marlborough Health Addictions Service is a regional service, with facilities located in Nelson, Golden Bay and Blenheim. Our staff are committed to reducing the harm associated with addiction to individuals, family, whanau and the community.
- screening and brief intervention for drug use problems for people admitted to Nelson or Wairau Hospital (including the Wahi Oranga mental health unit)
- community detox
- opioid substitution treatment (Methadone and Suboxone)
- seminars and workshops on drug use; for workplaces, schools and community groups
- training for professionals and community workers on drug use issues
- referrals to local support groups
- referral to inpatient treatment facilities.
People can refer themselves to this service. Referrals are also accepted from:
- family, whanau and friends affected by someone else’s addiction
- other services working with the person with addiction problems.
Location, hours and contact details
31 Pascoe Street, Tahunanui, Nelson
Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5.00pm (excluding public holidays)
Phone: (03) 546 1994
Fax: (03) 546 1993
Email: [email protected] or [email protected]
After hours emergency phone: (03) 546 1800
St Marks Addiction Residential Treatment Centre
St Marks Addiction Residential Treatment Centre provides a residential treatment service, crisis respite care and supportive detoxification for Nelson Marlborough Health addictions clients. Referrals to St Marks are made by Nelson Marlborough Health clinicians.
Kaupapa Māori addiction services
Te Piki Oranga provides a kaupapa Māori alcohol and drug assessment and treatment service in Nelson, Blenheim and Motueka.
People can refer themselves to this service. Referrals can also be from primary health care, inpatient care, community mental health teams, alcohol and other drug services.
Page last updated: 16/12/2019