Antenatal classes and education
- Nelson Hospital antenatal course (free of charge). Classes are held weekly in Nelson and Murchison.
Seminar Centre, Braemar Campus, Waimea Road (Opposite the entrance to the Emergency Department at Nelson Hospital)
Murchison Hospital and Health Centre, 58 Hotham Street, Murchison
Victory Community Centre, 2 Totara St, Nelson. (Selected interpreters are available).
To book phone the Maternity reception on (03) 546 1437. More information about these antenatal courses are available here.
- To book contact the maternity receptionist on (03) 546 1437
- Nelson Parents Centre antenatal course (classes with an associated cost). For more information contact the CBE Antenatal Co-ordinator or visit their website
- Marlborough Parents Centre (both free and classes with an associated cost).
- Wairau Hospital antenatal classes (free of charge): phone maternity receptionist (03) 520 9999
- Mokopuna Ora - online antenatal resource Mokopunaora.nz
- TENS pain relief classes at Nelson Hospital. TENS is the abbreviation for Transcutaneous (through the skin) Electrical Nerve Stimulation. It is a non-invasive method used to relieve pain during labour. Nelson Hospital hires out TENS machines and you are asked to attend a short tutorial and read these instructions on how to use the machine.
- Empowered Parenthood online classes.
If you need more information please talk with your midwife.
Page last updated: 12/07/2018