Antenatal classes and education
- Nelson Hospital antenatal course (free of charge): phone (03) 546 1800 and ask for the maternity receptionist. Here is an outline for the four-week course.
- Nelson Parents Centre antenatal course (classes with an associated cost). Here is an outline for the eight-week course.
- Motueka Parents Centre (offering both free and classes with an associated cost)
- Marlborough Parents Centre (classes with an associated cost)
- Wairau Hospital antenatal classes (free of charge): phone (03) 520 9999 and ask for the maternity receptionist
- Mokopunaora.nz - online antenatal resource
- TENS pain relief classes at Nelson Hospital. TENS is a non-invasive method used to relieve pain during labour. Nelson Hospital hires out TENS machines and you are asked to attend a 30 minute tutorial on how to use the machine. Here is the brochure.
If you need more information please talk with your midwife.
Page last updated: 12/04/2017