Bikes in Schools Programme
The Bikes in Schools project helps provide children with regular and equal access to bikes and bike tracks within schools.
A nationwide initiative of the Bike On New Zealand Charitable Trust, Bikes in Schools fosters a biking culture and encourages all primary and intermediate school students to ride a bike on a regular basis.
Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Nelson Marlborough has partnered with the trust, the Nelson City Council and the Tasman District Council to bring Bikes in Schools (Te Tau Ihu region) to local schools.
The full package for Bikes in Schools Te Tau Ihu includes:
- a fleet of 30-50 new, high-quality bikes with helmets for each
- a combination of riding, pump and bike skills tracks
- a bike storage solution (if needed)
- cycle training to teach basic riding and safety skills
- active transport travel planning to encourage biking and walking to school.
For more information about the Bike in Schools programme visit: bikeon.org.nz/bikes-in-schools
Bikes in Schools videos
Broadgreen Intermediate's new bikes and track
Nelson Intermediate's new bikes and track
Parklands School's new bikes and track
Page last updated: 09/09/2022