Community water supplies (or ‘networked supplies’)
Community water supplies are water supplies that are reticulated across a property boundary. The water supply can be council or community owned. They range in size from:
- large (for more than 10,000 people)
- medium (for 5001-10,000 people)
- minor (for 501-5000 people)
- small (for 101-500 people)
- neighbourhood (25-100 people)
- rural/agricultural (where more than 75 per cent of the water can be proven as used for agriculture).
You can find out more about your water supply at the Drinking Water for NZ website.
Page last updated: 13/09/2022