Community Hui: Cancer Korero
Nelson Marlborough Health, Te Piki Oranga and the Cancer Society welcome the community of Nelson to a Hui at Victory Community Centre on Thursday 8 of December.
Some of the topics covered at the hui include:
- What is cancer?
- Maori Health statistics for cancer
- Signs and symptoms
- The importance of early detection
- Smoking in relation to Cancer
- Prostate screening and testicular cancer with Urologist: Dr Andy Malcolm
- Breast cervical and bowel screening
- Cancer lingo... what it all means
- Community support available.
Supper will be provided along with a couple of giveaways and a free Christmas hamper draw.
Registration is required. Please call (03) 546 8389 or email [email protected]
Date: Thursday 8th of December
Time: 5.45 - 8.45pm
Venue: Victory Community Centre