Nelson Marlborough District Health Board
The Nelson Marlborough District Health Board (the board) was established in 2001 and serves nearly 145,000 people.
The board oversees the strategic direction of Nelson Marlborough Health (NMH).
Seven board members are publicly elected every three years during local government elections, and four members are appointed by the Minister of Health.
The current board took effect on 9 December 2019 and will be in place until 5 December 2022. Read the current board member profiles here.
The board is responsible for:
- providing and funding health services in the Nelson, Tasman and Marlborough regions
- setting the overall strategic direction for NMH
- monitoring organisational performance
- communicating with, and reporting to, the Minister of Health
- ensuring the government’s expectations are recognised
- appointing the NMH chief executive
- acting in NMH's best interests
- maintaining relationships with the advisory committees
- partnering with the Iwi Health Board.
Contact with the Board can be arranged through the Board office.
Board meeting dates 2020
- 28 January 2020 – Nelson
- 25 February 2020 – Nelson
- 24 March 2020 – Blenheim
- 28 April 2020 – Nelson
- 26 May 2020– Nelson
- 23 June 2020 – Blenheim
- 28 July 2020 – Nelson
- 25 August 2020 – Nelson
- 22 September 2020 – Blenheim
- 27 October 2020 – Nelson
- 24 November 2020 – Nelson
Page last updated: 17/12/2019