The Iwi Health Board
The Iwi Health Board (IHB) is a partner to the Nelson Marlborough District Health Board (NMDHB).
It advises the NMDHB on strategic matters that affect the health and disability status of Maori in the rohe (region) of Te Tau Ihu o te Waka a Maui (top of the South Island).
- monitor agreed Maori health and disability outcomes
- influence key strategic policies
- monitor engagement and participation activity of Maori across the organisation
- monitor activity that develops Maori capacity
- provide strategic advice about service development
- provide advice about consultation options for strategic projects.
The IHB is mandated by the eight Manawhenua Iwi in the region. The He Kawenata Memorandum of Agreement underpins the partnership between the two boards.
Maori Health and Wellness Strategic Framework
“Kia Korowaitia aku mokopuna ki te korowaitanga hauora”
“Healthy whanau are wealthy whanau – achieving our full potential and determining our future”
The two boards have joint kaitiakitanga (stewardship) of the vision.
Iwi Health Board research policy
The board welcomes contact from any individual or organisation who wish to consult iwi or Maori in the Te Tau Ihu region about their research projects. View the Iwi Health Board Research Policy.
Nelson Marlborough District Health Board
Private Bag 18, Nelson Mail Centre, Nelson 7042
Phone: (03) 546 1233
Page last updated: 16/08/2017