Your career with us
We offer a very diverse range of careers at Nelson Marlborough Health.
As well as registered and non-registered healthcare professionals, we employ IT technicians, medical secretaries, administrative staff, business analysts, HR advisers, payroll administrators and more.
Professional development and staff benefits
Nelson Marlborough Health is committed to the development of its employees, and to being a great place to work.
We provide career advancement and training opportunities and support for continuing education, and cultural support for our Maori health workers.
Our staff benefit from:
- preferential discounted services across banking, insurance, retail, childcare and trade sectors
- workplace wellness programmes and facilities
- Hauora Maori workforce training
- Health Workforce New Zealand postgraduate opportunities
- Midwifery education for employees and students
Planning a healthcare career
The careers.govt.nz website is your go-to for information about all job types. You can find out:
- the length of training required
- the current level of demand for the role in NZ
- the pay range
- entry requirements
- related jobs and current vacancies
Video gallery: Healthcare professionals talk about their careers
There are some good websites offering videos featuring people talking about their careers.
The Kiwi Health Jobs website advertises all vacancies at New Zealand district health boards. It also includes a range of videos; here are some examples.
Mental health work
Public health nursing
Junior doctor (house officer)
The Just the Job website features videos about the types of careers that Nelson Marlborough Health offers. Here are some examples.
Physiotherapy and occupational therapyEmergency services
The Kia Ora Hauora website promotes health careers and career development for Maori students and Maori healthcare employees. Here are some examples of the career videos they offer.
Public health promotion
Page last updated: 07/05/2018