Smokefree Aotearoa 2025
The Nelson Marlborough Health Public Health Service supports the Government’s goal of achieving a Smokefree/Auahi Kore Aotearoa by 2025.
This means that by 2025:
- our children and grandchildren will be free from exposure to tobacco and tobacco use
- the smoking prevalence across all populations will be less than five per cent
- tobacco will be difficult to sell and supply.
Making our environments – where we live, learn, work and play – smokefree is an important component to achieving this goal.
How can you help make Smokefree Aotearoa 2025 a reality?
Through simple steps, with whānau, kura, community or organisations, you can help make this happen! Here are some ideas:
- hold Smokefree/Auahi Kore events
- ensure your cars and homes are smokefree
- ask whānau to not smoke around tamariki
- talk to tamariki about being smokefree – even if you are a smoker, it is still important to encourage and support people to quit.
The Nelson Marlborough Public Health Service has two stop smoking support services that are free to all smokers in the Nelson Marlborough region. We also support businesses and organisations to become smokefree workplaces.
Stop Smoking service contacts:
Phone: 0800 NO SMOKE
Email: [email protected]
Page last updated: 22/01/2018