Bikes in Schools
Bikes in Schools Te Tau Ihu aims to get kids back on bikes for the benefit of student health and the wider community.
This biking initiative fosters a biking culture and encourages all primary and intermediate school students to ride a bike on a regular basis.
The full package for Bikes in Schools Te Tau Ihu includes:
- a fleet of (30 to 50) new quality bikes
- quality bike helmets for every child
- a combination of riding, pump and bike skills tracks
- a bike storage solution (where needed)
- cycle training to teach basic riding and safety skills
- active transport travel planning to encourage biking and walking to school.
Nelson Marlborough Health has partnered with the Bike On New Zealand Charitable Trust, the Nelson City Council and the Tasman District Council to deliver Bikes in Schools.
For more information about the Bike in Schools programme visit bikeon.org.nz/bikes-in-schools
Page last updated: 10/09/2018