Important public notice: CAMHS continues
There has been media coverage about the establishment of an all-ages after-hours crisis service for people in the Nelson, Tasman and Marlborough regions. This will replace the current arrangement where CAMHS staff are on-call after-hours for crisis work.
It is important for young people and their families and friends to know that:
- the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) remains fully operational
- the after-hours crisis service is fully operational and, once the changes are in place, there will be a senior CAMHS clinician available for urgent cases, 24 hours a day
- the changes will allow our specialist CAMHS team to be more responsive during daytime hours, to connect with and support young people and their families
- the changes were consulted on and are supported by NMH mental health clinical leads
- training is ongoing for our specialist all-ages mental health crisis team who are extremely well-equipped to respond appropriately to any crisis in our community