The Ministry of Health has confirmed one new COVID-19 case in the Nelson Tasman region, bringing the total number of cases to 23.
- eight of the cases have recovered
- 15 cases are active
- all known close contacts of the cases are in quarantine
- the majority of cases are not fully vaccinated
Medical Officer of Health Dr Stephen Bridgman says that the cases fall into two clusters; there are 19 in one and 4 in the other.
- a likely source for the larger cluster is still being investigated
- for the smaller cluster there is both epidemiological and whole genomic sequencing data suggesting a possible source to a cluster in the North Island.