COVID-19 Case Update 7 March 2022
Over the weekend, there were also 487 new cases reported. That means we now have a total of 2,892 active cases and a total of 172 cases recovered.
*Today's numbers may differ from Ministry of Health reporting due to different data reporting cut-off times.
Picking up a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT)?
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms, or are a household contact, you can pre-order a RAT online to pick-up or by calling 0800 222 478, option 3.
- You can also get a RAT or PCR test at a community testing centre.
- As demand for RATs around the country is high, please be patient and kind to staff at testing sites, general practices, pharmacies and other healthcare staff.
- Staff are working hard to look after everyone as quickly as possible.
Remember to record your RAT result
- Record your RAT result online, even if it's negative, or record it by calling 0800 222 478, option 3.
- If you are a household contact please report your RATs results separately.
- The self-reporting of RATs helps provide a clearer picture of how the pandemic is progressing and helps inform public health decision-making.
Caring for each other
- Please look out for each other.
- If you know someone who has COVID-19, you could potentially help out by dropping off some groceries outside their front door or giving them a daily call to check that they’re okay. This is particularly important for our elderly people and anyone living alone.