COVID-19 Case Update 25 February 2022
- Today there are 83 new cases of COVID-19 in our rohe: Nelson Tasman 75, Marlborough 7 and Other 1.
- There are a total of 648 active cases: Nelson Tasman 558, Marlborough 78 and Other 12.
- Today's numbers may differ from Ministry of Health reporting due to different data reporting cut-off times and testing type breakdowns.
- For case numbers over the weekend, please refer to the Ministry of Health's updates.
Where to get tested this weekend
We ask anyone with symptoms – no matter how mild – to please get tested, even if they are vaccinated. Read about symptoms to be alert to on the Ministry of Health website.
Community based assessment centres (CBACs) are open this weekend. Rapid Antigen Tests (RATs) and PCR tests are available at CBACs. The healthcare professionals undertaking testing will advise which test is most appropriate for you.
CBAC locations and hours:
- Trafalgar Centre carpark - Nelson: Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 9am until 6pm
- Saxton Field parking area - near Oaklands Milk (Suffolk Road, Stoke): Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 9am until 6pm
- Motueka Recreation Centre (Old Wharf Road, Motueka): Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 9am until 5pm
- Horton Park - old netball courts (off Redwood Road), Blenheim: Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 9am until 4pm
The Close Contact Exemption Scheme remains available for critical workers that would otherwise be required to isolate due to being a household contact. For more info see: www.healthpoint.co.nz/community-health-services/community-health/nelson-marlborough-dhb-rapid-antigen-testing
Where to get vaccinated this weekend
People living in Marlborough, Nelson, and Tasman are reminded to get vaccinated if they have not already. Everyone aged 5 years and over is eligible for free COVID-19 vaccination. Booster doses are also now available to anyone aged 18+ who had their second dose 3 months ago.
Here are some upcoming walk-in opportunities to get vaccinated over the weekend:
- Trafalgar Centre: Friday 25 February from 9am until 6pm, Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 February: 9.30am until 4.30pm
- Richmond Vaccination Centre (253 Queen St): Friday 25 February from 9am until 6.30pm, Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 February from 9.30am until 4.30pm
- Blenheim Vaccination Centre (Unit 3, 19 Henry St): Friday 25 and Saturday 26 February from 8.30am until 4.30pm (closed Sundays)
- Golden Bay Pharmacy, Tākaka: Saturday 26 February from 9am until 4pm
- Redwoodtown Hall, Blenheim: Saturday 26 February from 12.30pm until 4pm (kaupapa Māori clinic)
- Greenmeadows Community Centre, Stoke, Nelson: Saturday 26 February from 12.30pm until 4pm (kaupapa Māori and Pasifika clinic).