There are 310 New cases to report today and a total of 3,794 active cases.
Life at Orange
- At 11:59pm tonight, all of New Zealand moves to the Orange setting in our traffic light system. There will be community transmission of COVID-19, with increasing risks to vulnerable communities, and pressure on the health system.
- Please note there is no change to our current requirement for mask wearing within healthcare settings
- At Orange, you can continue to do everyday activities, but we need to protect our vulnerable communities.
- You must wear a face mask in many indoor locations. You do not need to wear a face mask outdoors.
- You can visit cafes and bars, attend gatherings and events, and go to the hairdresser and gym. There are no capacity limits or distancing requirements at venues.
- Workplaces and schools can open.
- To protect yourself, your whānau and your community, keep up healthy habits, especially hand hygiene.
Learn more about what we need to do at https://covid19.govt.nz/traffic-lights/life-at-orange/