- 296 in Nelson Tasman
- 49 in Marlborough
- 6 other.
Notes on today's numbers:
- Today's numbers may differ slightly from what the Ministry of Health has reported due to different data reporting cut-off times.
- We will provide a breakdown between Nelson and Tasman in tomorrow's update.
Rapid antigen tests (RATs)
There is strict criteria around who can access a RAT. This is currently limited to:
- asymptomatic critical workers who have been identified as a close contact
- asymptomatic unvaccinated individuals attending a court appointment or travelling domestically.
When and where to get tested
We ask anyone with symptoms – no matter how mild – to please get tested, even if they are vaccinated. Read about symptoms to be alert to on the Ministry of Health website: About COVID-19 symptoms and spread | Ministry of Health NZ COVID-19
Community based assessment centres (CBACs) are open at the following locations:
- Trafalgar Centre carpark - Nelson: Monday to Sunday from 9am until 6pm
- Saxton Field parking area - near Oaklands Milk (Suffolk Road, Stoke): Monday to Sunday from 9am until 6pm
- Motueka Recreation Centre (Old Wharf Road, Motueka): Monday toSunday from 9am until 5pm
- Horton Park - old netball courts (off Redwood Road), Blenheim: Monday to Sunday from 9am until 4pm
All locations and hours available on the Healthpoint website including by appointment opportunities at medical centres (GP), please phone ahead first: COVID-19 Testing | Nelson Marlborough | HealthPoint
People living in Marlborough, Nelson, and Tasman are reminded to get vaccinated if they have not already. Everyone aged 5 years and over is eligible for free COVID-19 vaccination. Booster doses are also now available to anyone aged 18+ who had their second dose 3 months ago.
Our main vaccination centres are open for walk-ins, check their location and opening hours here: COVID-19 Vaccination Centres | Nelson Marlborough | HealthPoint