- New cases – Four new cases in Nelson Tasman since our last announcement on Friday 28 January
- One case transferred from Timaru and announced by the Ministry of Health (MoH) on Sunday 30 January,
- One announced by MoH today, Tuesday 1 February,
- And a further two cases were identified after the MoH reporting timeframe this morning and will be announced by the MoH tomorrow.
- Active cases – 21 confirmed
Dr Stephen Bridgman, Medical Officer of Health said: “Air transport is more likely than not the source of transmission for these Nelson Tasman cases. The four cases are from three additional households and are been managed as part of the January Omicron Cluster.