We have 578 new cases to report today and a total of 5,957 active cases - click through for a detailed breakdown by location.
Today's numbers may differ from Ministry of Health reporting due to different data reporting cut-off times. To ensure consistency with Ministry of Health reporting, cases are deemed:
- Active if ≤10 days since recorded
- Recovered if >10 days since recorded.
Get vaccinated and boosted
- Completing your primary vaccination course (for most people, this is two doses) and getting a booster if you’re eligible, is strongly encouraged, even if you’ve already had COVID-19.
- Vaccination can help reduce the risk of being re-infected with COVID-19 and passing it on. It also reduces the chances of you becoming very ill and ending up in the hospital. Individuals who have been infected but not vaccinated are more likely to get re-infected than those who have been vaccinated with 2 doses.
- Our main vaccination centres are open for walk-ins this weekend, location and opening hours on Healthpoint
- Check out the kaupapa Māori vaccination pop-up on Saturday 2 April from 10am to 2pm at Te Piki Oranga, 117 Pah Street, Motueka
- You can also visit www.BookMyVaccine.nz to find another location or time that suits you.
We have 734 new cases to report today and a total of 6,064 active cases.
Why vaccines are important, even if you’ve already had COVID-19
Completing your primary course (for most people, this is two doses) and getting a booster if you’re eligible, is strongly encouraged, even if you’ve already had COVID-19.
Vaccination can help reduce the risk of being reinfected with COVID-19 and passing it on. It also reduces the chances of you becoming very ill and ending up in the hospital.
Being vaccinated provides better protection than any immunity you might get from being infected with the virus and can also help protect you from new variants of COVID-19.
Individuals who have been infected but not vaccinated are more likely to get re-infected than those who have been vaccinated with 2 doses.
We have 604 new cases to report today and a total of 5,732 active cases.
Coping With Worry & Anxiety About COVID-19
It is perfectly normal and OK to feel anxiety in the current COVID-19 pandemic. This can result in strong feelings, reactions, and changes in behaviour. There are a number of steps you can take to help your children, family/whānau and yourself.
The Kids Health website has an excellent short video. Watch it online at :
Need to talk? To connect with a professional counsellor free call or text 1737
We have 694 cases to report today, and a total of 5,492 active cases.
We have 499 cases to report today, with a total of 5,207 active cases.
Caring for a child with COVID-19
If your child has COVID-19, it can be a worrying time for you. But most children with COVID-19 will have a mild illness. Starship Children's Emergency Department doctor Emily has some advice about common and less common COVID-19 symptoms, how to care for your child with COVID-19 at home, and when to see a doctor.
Watch the short video: https://www.kidshealth.org.nz/covid-19-caring-child-covid-19
We have 712 new cases to report today, and there are a total of 5,113 active cases.
We have 588 cases to report today, and there are now a total of 4,779 active cases.
Traffic light settings are being updated
From 11:59pm this Friday, the COVID-19 Protection Framework will be simpler. It will help us manage life with Omicron, while reducing the impact of future outbreaks.
- We have 691 new cases to report today.
- There are 4,579 active cases.
Make a plan for your household
If someone in your household is COVID-19 positive, everyone in your household will need to isolate. This means you all need to remain at home and shouldn’t go to work, school, public areas or use public transport. You won't be able to go out to buy food or other essentials so you will need to make arrangements, eg, having groceries and medicines delivered to your home, or arranging for somebody outside your household to collect them for you.
Guides and advice for making a household plan are available in several languages on the Health Navigator website:
- We have 409 new cases to report today.
- There are 4,329 active cases.
COVID-19 and your medicines
With the current COVID-19 pandemic, many people have questions about their medicines and treatments for the COVID-19 virus. The Health Navigator website has well-researched answers to frequently-asked questions which may be of use.
- New Cases: 526
- Active Cases: 4,517