About disability support services
Our mission is to support people to live the best possible life.
We provide person-centred support to the people we support. We uphold the United Nations Convention on the Rights of People with Disabilities.
We meet regularly with the Nelson branch of the national advocacy group ResCare.
- community residential support
- day activities
- respite care and carer support
- Day Services for adults with intellectual and physical disabilities.
Community residential support
We support approximately 200 people in more than 50 suburban homes across the Nelson, Marlborough and Tasman regions.
Homes range from one bedroom flats to six bedroom homes. They are either owned by Housing NZ, Nelson Marlborough Health or by private landlords.
How to access our services
The first step is to make an appointment with Support Works. Support Works staff assess people and co-ordinate the appropriate services for their needs. Contact Support Works.
If you would like to know more about our services contact us.
Disability support services roles
- The service user facilitator advocates for the people we support, organises service user board meetings, a monthly disco, the Gateway Club (to enhance social interaction) and supports People First meetings.
- The practice leader behaviour support provides advice to staff about how to respond to challenging and complex behaviour.
Page last updated: 28/08/2017