Marlborough general practices
Doctors (GPs) and practice nurses who work at general practice clinics (medical centres) are generally the first person you see for medical help. They are known as primary healthcare providers. When you are referred to a hospital or specialist, this is called secondary care.
What are the benefits of signing up with a GP team?
When you enroll with a general practice or medical centre, there is a team of people ready to help you and your whanau stay well and healthy.
Being enrolled with a GP practice will mean you can:
- access healthcare for a range of health issues, including, immunisations, illnesses and injuries
- pay less for prescriptions (free if you’re under 14)
- get free healthcare for children aged 14 or less
- receive reminders about when you are due for immunisation or cancer screening
- be referred to specialist advice or secondary healthcare when needed
Find a GP in Marlborough
This is also where you can find information about GP fees and the full range of services they provide.
Page last updated: 18/10/2019