Social media community guidelines
Social media community guidelines
Complaints and feedback While the Nelson Marlborough Health (NMH) social media community welcomes your participation, support and exchange of views, we have a different process for making a complaint.
Our Facebook pages and social media communities are not a formal complaints channel. To find out how your compliments, feedback or complaints can be heard please visit the Nelson Marlborough Health website.
Rules of Engagement
- Please be respectful of other users on our social media profiles. Differences of opinion are okay; personal attacks are not. NMH reserves the right to:
- Determine what constitutes inappropriate content;
- Remove inappropriate content; and
- Block users from its social media profiles.
- Please note we will:
- try to respond to health-related questions in 48 hours or less
- remove or hide comments or posts that are offensive, illegal or that breach privacy (see further explanations below)
- remove or hide comments or posts that could be detrimental to public health (eg: anti-water fluoridation or anti-immunisation information).
- ask you to find use an alternative channel to share information that is important to you but that we deem to be potentially detrimental to public health. There are places other than a Nelson Marlborough Health (NMH) newsfeeds or NMH health promotion campaigns to share your views
- block people who continue to post material that presents a risk to public health, on our posts or profile pages, without consultation.
- Keep it clean. No offensive, inflammatory or provocative language.
- Get consent. Be careful of sharing information or images of people who are not able to give their consent. For example, children, unwell or unconscious people.
- Keep it legal. Do not break the law or encourage others to do so (this includes defamation, breaching privacy or copyright, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court, harmful digital communication and cyber bullying).
- Protect privacy. Do not post personal information – addresses, phone numbers, photos, email addresses or other details that can be used to identify or locate you or other individuals. This may constitute an invasion of privacy.
- No spam. Posting or commenting the same message on our Facebook pages, photo galleries or discussions boards, is considered spam.
- No solicitations or advertising. For instance, ‘Friend me on Facebook’ or ‘Win a free iPad´ etc.
- Observe copyright and trademark law. The posting of copyrighted videos, photos, articles or other material beyond what is protected as fair use is prohibited. Do not pass off someone else’s trademark as your own.
- Be yourself. Facebook requires people to connect using authentic identities. The use of multiple accounts for the purpose of trolling or harassing other users is prohibited.
- Opinions. The opinions and content shared by users are theirs alone and not necessarily those of NMH.
- Stay on topic. Keep your posts clear and concise.
- Third-party links. Links on NMH's social media communities may go to third-party sites. NMH is not responsible for the content on those sites.
'T&C's' for the Winter Wellness promotion
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or associated with Facebook
The promoter is: Nelson Marlborough District Health Board (trading as Nelson Marlborough Health) Private Bag 18, Nelson 7042, New Zealand.
Employees of Nelson Marlborough Health shall not be permitted to enter the promotion.
This promotion is open to residents in Marlborough, Nelson and Tasman.
This promotion ends 5pm 2 September 2018. Entries received after this time will not be accepted.
No responsibility can be accepted for entries not displayed on the competition post.
Nelson Marlborough Health reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the promotion will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by Nelson Marlborough Health.
No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
Winners will be notified via Facebook. Nelson Marlborough Health will make reasonable attempts to contact the winners. If after 7 days of the closing date Nelson Marlborough Health has been unable to contact the winners, then Nelson Marlborough Health may determine another winner.
The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the promotion will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
By entering this promotion, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The promotion and these terms and conditions will be governed by New Zealand law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.
The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current New Zealand data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.