Your maternity care
Private obstetric care is available in some areas – please check your local white pages.
Additional hospital services may include:
- Obstetric and Paediatric Specialists
- Pukenga Hauora cultural support services
- Diabetes teams
- mental health liaison support and other hospital services.
- Tamariki Ora services
- General Practice
- Social Workers
- breastfeeding support groups
- Postnatal Depression Support Network and other community based groups which support and promote the health and wellbeing of women and their families.
Parenting and Pregnancy Education is predominately provided by Wairau and Nelson maternity services and Parents Centre across the region. Additional programmes such as Hypno-birthing are also available in some areas. In Golden Bay the midwives provide the parenting and pregnancy education.
Page last updated: 06/04/2016