I am pregnant - what next?
The most important things to do in your first 10 weeks of pregnancy are:
1. Find a Lead Maternity Carer – usually a midwife
2. Be smokefree – there are free services in Nelson Marlborough to help you achieve this
3. Get a health check – your LMC or GP will refer you for blood tests and scans
4. Exercise and eat safely and healthily
5. Take iodine and folic acid – your LMC or GP an prescribe these for you
The SmartStart website
- what you need to do and when you need to do it
- creating your own ‘to do’ list and helping you keep track of your progress
- tips on keeping you and your baby healthy and safe
- ensuring you are not missing out on financial help
- information on people and services who can help you
- creating your baby’s own official record.
Visit SmartStart now and see all the really helpful resources there.
Page last updated: 12/12/2018