Nelson and Wairau maternity units are proud to be part of the international Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative. Breastfeeding is encouraged and core midwives will advise and support you. However, should you choose not to breastfeed you will be equally supported.
The wellbeing of you and your baby is most important and maternity unit staff are there to help you bath baby, support you with feeding or give you a few encouraging words. There is a wide variety of maternity and postnatal services available through the hospital and the core midwives or your LMC may make recommendations to you.
- Nelson Lactation Consultant (breastfeeding) Service (free of charge) phone: (03) 543 7806
- Mum4Mum whaea ki te whaea breastfeeding support service. Work and Income New Zealand assistance for hiring or purchasing a breast pump. Phone (0800) 559 009
- Nelson phone/text 021 277 2098 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Motueka phone (03) 528 0234 or phone/text 021 0297 1506
- Wairau Lactation Consultant (breastfeeding)Service (free of charge) phone: (03) 520 9979 .
Page last updated: 07/10/2016